Kappa Theta Epsilon is filled with talented, smart, driven students and professionals from across the country. Each member has performed at the top of his/her class and have exceeded expectations on coops or internships. Experiential learning blends the fundamentals studied in the classroom with real world experience, which is invaluable for new university hires. Employers know good coops make good employees. It is KTE’s mission to promote experiential learning and bring together outstanding, career-driven students with employers. Starting a university chapter will show your university’s support and dedication to experiential learning and producing some of the world’s finest professionals.
10 Reasons to Start a KTE Chapter at Your School
- Create a community for peers who are enrolled in work & taking classes
- Have fun and exciting events such as Ice Cream Socials, Massage Therapy
- Host meetings to aid in developing your professionalism (Creating a portfolio, etc.)
- Social Networking- Meet and interact with fantastic people
- Learn more about different internship/ cooperative education experiences that you can do.
- Develop leadership skills and make a difference in your community
- Get recognized for the work you do
- Share with others your work/ internship experiences
- Become a National Officer
- Attend the National Convention!!
Steps to Forming a New Chapter of Kappa Theta Epsilon:
I. Petitioning the Society for Membership
II. Organizing a Prospective Chapter
III. Chapter Induction
Once you have members inducted, those members can proceed to induct others at your school. Also, once your College/University is a recognized Chapter of Kappa Theta Epsilon Society, they must annually comply with the “Accountabilities of a Recognized Kappa Theta Epsilon Chapter in Good Standing.”